

My first attempt at making an ice cream cake. It had 4 layers of chocolate cake and 3 layers of butterfinger ice cream. It was covered in chocolate icing and decorated with peanut butter cups. It was delicious and decadent. My next attempt will be better now that I have a better idea of what I am doing.
2 comments:
You need to tell me how you did that!!!
Bake your cake in 2-9 inch or 8 inch round pans. Cut each round in half to get the four layers of cake. Even off the tops, too, so you have flat layers. You have to soften the ice cream to spread it in between each layer of cake. Work quickly before the ice cream melts. After you have the cake assembled, cover it with wax paper or saran wrap and freeze it. After it has hardened, put on the frosting. I used a buttercream frosting, but next time I will try a ganache or whipped cream based frosting. It makes a really tall cake. You could just use 3 layers of cake and 2 layers of ice cream, instead of 4 cake and 3 ice cream layers. Or whatever you want--Any shape pan, also.
Post a Comment