My firstborn is 5 years old now! It really does feel like it was just yesterday when he was born. We love him very much. He's been such a great helper for me lately. He likes to play with his baby sister, Alina. He loves to tease Sam. What kind of a big brother would he be if he didn't? He really is a loving boy. He frequently and randomly comes up to me to say, "mommy, I love you. You know that?"
Right now, he is obsessed with Mario Kart and Smash Brothers for the Wii. Before he can play games, I make him do some workbook pages. He calls it his "get smart stuff". After he does this, he asks me if he's smart now, so he can play games. What he really loves is for his friends (or mommy, daddy, sam) to play the games with him, because he is very social.
He does like to talk. I don't know where he got that from.... When we're out grocery shopping or doing some other errand, he'll make sure other kids he sees knows that he is Danny and he's 5 now and what's their names. The grocer at the checkout stand is sure to hear this same information, too.
As soon as I get some newer pictures loaded to the computer, I will post pictures from his birthday. We had a big birthday party with lots of little friends the night before his birthday, he played soccer at one of his games, and we went to the zoo on the day of his birthday. It was a great 2 days for him.
3 comments:
Holy Cow! I can't believe that he is 5 already! How the time does fly. It sounds like he had a great birthday. My 5th birthday is the earliest one I can remember and I am sure he will be able to look back on this one with fond memories.
Yea, we're glad to see a new post. Keep em coming. I'm sure uncle Chris would be up for some more Mario Kart. I could probably find some time too, let us know when.
Hi Zimmermans!
I can't believe it's been 5 years either. Truely, it seems like just yesterday Jessica and I were waddling around together at work, very pregnant!
Danny sounds like such a delightful little kid. It is so cute that he'll approach other little kids so easily.
Post a Comment