We had a fantastic weekend camping at Jordanelle near Park City. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the camera, so we don't have any pictures of our adventure. JD's dad rented 4 waverunners to ride out on the dam lake. (Sorry if that offends anyone. I just couldn't help myself! It IS a lake created by a dam.) I was a little reserved on them at first, having never driven one before, but with a little practice, I got much more daring, so it became alot more fun to ride them. It actually is a slight workout to the arms when you go fast, flip around in a 180 then fly across the wake you've just created.
The boys even went out for slow rides with us. Sam would scream, "Slow!" anytime he thought JD was driving him a bit too fast, which was really not fast at all, and Danny enjoyed his ride with me. They liked to watch the other waverunners and boats out on the lake.
We were all very fortunate not to get sunburns. By "we" I mean the kids and I. I reapplied sunscreen over and over to my kids and myself. Since we are all so fairskinned, we would have cooked otherwise. No serious injuries either. Of course there were the minor scrapes and scratches to be expected from active boys playing outside all day.
Why is it that camping food tastes so good? Is it because we're famished when we eat or is it the smoky flavor of the barbeque? Maybe both. I guess in our case, it's also because we don't eat the types of food we had very often. A nice indulgence for us. Many thanks to JD's family for providing us with a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment