My baby girl turned one on August 5th. She's grown so much in the past three months, putting on nearly 6 pounds, which is fine, because she was only in the 25th percentile for weight at 9 months old. This 6 pounds puts her into the 90th percentile. She's also in the 99th percentile for height. She's not walking yet. To be honest, I don't mind that. I know I'll have my hands full when she does start walking. For now, she is content to scoot around on her bum. It's a very slow method for getting around. (Again, fine with me. It's easier to keep track of where she is. I hope I don't sound like a lazy mom, but most of you know what it's like once your baby is walking.) She is a good girl most of the time. She does seem to get frustrated occasionally at Danny and Sam when they are in her face too much or in her way. She's even bitten them!! Luckily, her teeth did not break skin. Speaking of teeth, she now has 7 of them with one more starting to poke through on the top. She only had 2 bottom teeth as of 2 months ago, so it seems they've all come in at once. The pictures were taken on her birthday. Her Aunt Angie is holding her in one of them and helping her open a present in the video. I made from scratch a double layer round carrot cake (sans nuts) for her birthday cake. It had a cream cheese frosting which I had added a little bit of orange juice and zest. Very tasty! I didn't decorate it, though, so I feel a little bad about that. Even so, I think she liked the taste of the cake. She also liked eating her birthday dinner. I'd like to post a video of us singing "Happy Birthday" to her while she is looking at her cake, but the video would take forever to upload.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Alina's 1st Birthday
My baby girl turned one on August 5th. She's grown so much in the past three months, putting on nearly 6 pounds, which is fine, because she was only in the 25th percentile for weight at 9 months old. This 6 pounds puts her into the 90th percentile. She's also in the 99th percentile for height. She's not walking yet. To be honest, I don't mind that. I know I'll have my hands full when she does start walking. For now, she is content to scoot around on her bum. It's a very slow method for getting around. (Again, fine with me. It's easier to keep track of where she is. I hope I don't sound like a lazy mom, but most of you know what it's like once your baby is walking.) She is a good girl most of the time. She does seem to get frustrated occasionally at Danny and Sam when they are in her face too much or in her way. She's even bitten them!! Luckily, her teeth did not break skin. Speaking of teeth, she now has 7 of them with one more starting to poke through on the top. She only had 2 bottom teeth as of 2 months ago, so it seems they've all come in at once. The pictures were taken on her birthday. Her Aunt Angie is holding her in one of them and helping her open a present in the video. I made from scratch a double layer round carrot cake (sans nuts) for her birthday cake. It had a cream cheese frosting which I had added a little bit of orange juice and zest. Very tasty! I didn't decorate it, though, so I feel a little bad about that. Even so, I think she liked the taste of the cake. She also liked eating her birthday dinner. I'd like to post a video of us singing "Happy Birthday" to her while she is looking at her cake, but the video would take forever to upload.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can not believe Alina is one already! Time is going by way too fast. She is very cute!!
Post a Comment