JD and I recently celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on August 12th. We didn't have a babysitter for that day, so we took all our kids to dinner with us, and then we went to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. Very romantic!! Ha ha! With three young kids, one of whom is still a baby monstrously attached to mommy, I'll take any outing I can get!
We did go out on a date the previous Friday without the kids, so I count that as an anniversary date. (Even though JD's siblings and parents were there too.) We attended a Brian Regan comedy show at Thanksgiving Point. It was hilarious. I had a stomach ache from all the laughing.
I love you, JD! You're my best friend, you make me laugh every day and make me a better person. I'm extremely lucky and blessed to have you!
2 comments:
So fun! It still makes me laugh when I think that we ended up with the same anniversary even though I didn't plan it that way. Must just be that kindred spirit thing. We didn't do anything the day of either, but that weekend spent $20 on a babysitter so we could drive to The District, then back to our neighborhood where we got Apollo Burger and came home! Yeah, not so romantic either, but like you say, any outing you can get, you take! :-)
Happy belated birthday to JD and Sam from Chris, Liz, Emily, and CJ
Post a Comment